The Pancyprian Agricultural Fair has been established as a useful institution and it successfully takes place every two years unfailing since 1978, four years after the Turkish invasion, in the framework of the superhuman effort to rejuvenate and regroup the agricultural sector which has suffered a very strong blow. This specialised Fair illustrates the modern achievements in the general agricultural field and displays the embossed image of progress which is taking place in the field of agricultural economy in Cyprus.
AIM - GOALS
The main aims of the Fair is to inform the farmers, livestock farmers, fishermen and the public in general about the modern achievements of agronomical science, the new applications of modern agricultural technology as well as to provide information on the Schemes of Agricultural Growth 2007-2013.
Another important aim of the Fair is to promote the commerce of crude as well as processed agricultural products, and the means and supplies used during the production procedure.
The third and equally important goal of the Fair is to inform the visitors concerning matters of:
· The achievements and advancements in the process of agricultural production, such as sustainable development, organic farming, integrated crop management and other.
· The alternative/supplementary opportunities in finding employment and securing income such as agrotourism, forest recreation, handicrafts, traditional products and other.
People who visit the Fair will have the opportunity to be informed about the activities of the Departments and Services of the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment. Meanwhile, they will be able to see and be informed about the following products and services:
· Agricultural and Farming machinery and tools.
· Crude Agricultural Products.
· Animals and Animal Feed
· Flowers, cut and in pots
· Greenhouse equipment
· Food and Beverage
· Traditional Products and Folk Art and other.